Join The Giving CircleWith a small gift, you become a major giver
The Giving Circle at Placer Community Foundation is a network of caring individuals who are seeking greater involvement in charitable giving. Members pool their contributions to make grants to organizations that help create a strong future for the youth in our community.
Since 2010, the Giving Circle has granted over $220,000. With grants of just $3,000- $5,000, these nonprofits have made a difference in the lives of many local young people. Read about last year’s recipients here.
Become a member of the Giving Circle today – with three levels of giving, there is something for everyone!
Emerging Philanthropist – $200
Member – $500
Legacy Member – $5,000 gift
You may elect to serve as a reviewer who reads and scores the nonprofit proposals, or you may make your gift and simply attend the award reception at the end of the application process. Here are critical dates for 2019:
- Thursday, July 11 (10 – 11:30 am) – Orientation meeting for Giving Circle at the PCF office, 219 Maple Street, Auburn. Optional for returning members. For those unable to attend on this date, a recorded version will be available.
- Friday, July 12 – Applications for review to Giving Circle in our online system, Smarter Select.
- Thursday, August 8 – Deadline for Giving Circle to submit their scores.
- Wednesday, August 21 (9 am – 12 pm) – Giving Circle meets to interview top candidates and finalize grant recommendations at the Placer SPCA Community Room
- Early September, date TBD – Grant award reception.
Still unsure? Have more questions? Check out our Frequently Asked Questions.
Past Grant Recipients
A Touch of Understanding
Assistance League of Greater Placer
Blue Line Arts
Boys & Girls Club of Placer County
Child Advocates of Placer County
Economic Partners in Change (EPIC)
Harvest Community Church
Koinonia Homes for Teens
McLaughlin Theatre Company
Placer Dispute Resolution Service
Prison Families Aftercare
ReDirect Nuevo Camino
Roseville Police Activities League
Rotary Club of Roseville Foundation
Salvation Army Roseville
Sierra Forever Families
Sierra Native Alliance
Stand Up Placer
Take Note Troupe
The Axiom Lincoln
2019 Giving Circle Members
Jeff and Susan Birkholz
Kindra Britt Pappas
Dan and Dorothy Dimick
Gary and Susan Gutowsky
Robert Kemp Community Endowment Fund
Nancy and Ken Kahn
Ken and Marie Larson
Mother Lode Foundation
Gerald and Gail Mohlenbrok
The Charles and Gail Muskavitch Endowment
Leo W. Ryan and Geraldine Suskin Fund