Seniors First is a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization that strives to keep Placer County senior citizens living independently and comfortably in their homes for as long as possible. Seniors First primary areas of service include the incorporated communities of Roseville, Rocklin, Lincoln, Colfax, Auburn and Granite Bay; and the unincorporated areas of Placer County. Seniors First is heavily dependent on community support and the efforts of volunteers to provide the many services and programs to seniors:
- Transportation to daily errands and medical appointments.
- Information and assistance, providing over 1100 resources from an extensive database.
- Senior nutrition providing daily hot nutritious meals at 8 Senior Cafés.
- Home modifications and safety repairs, to perform minor repairs that improve safety and security.
- Friendly visitors who provide much needed socialization and companionship for homebound and isolated seniors.
- Senior care consulting services providing housing placement assistance for those who need help with navigating the many choices available for assisted living; caregiver counseling and support workshops for those who are looking after a loved one.
The senior population (60 years and older) in Placer County is much higher (at 17%) than the state average (at 12.7%) and is projected to nearly triple between now and 2040. This explosive growth, fueled by aging baby boomers, and medical advances that continue to extend our life span, demands commensurate growth in services to encourage and sustain senior independence. All of our services are free of charge.
The Board of Directors at Seniors First understands the importance of setting aside resources today to support this growing need in the coming years. They have established the Seniors First Endowment Fund at Placer Community Foundation. When you give to this endowed fund, you benefit the seniors in our community.
Your gift is pooled with others and invested over time. Earnings from the fund are distributed back to Seniors First. Your gift—and all future earnings from your gift—is a permanent source of support for Seniors First, helping them serve the changing needs of our seniors today and in the future.
Make a lasting gift to the Seniors First Endowment Fund at Placer Community Foundation. Contact us to learn about making your gift through bequest.
12183 Locksley Lane, Suite 205
Auburn, CA 95602