Mosquito Fire ResponseThe board and staff at Placer Community Foundation are saddened and concerned by the Mosquito Fire disaster threatening Placer and El Dorado Counties. It’s too close to home for all of us, and we are keeping in our thoughts those who have been affected as well as the fire fighters and emergency responders.
If you would like to help, we ask that you consider making a financial contribution in one of the following ways:
- American Red Cross
- Contributions to PCF's Mosquito Fire Relief Fund will provide support for those affected and the recovery efforts. The Foundation will work with local public officials to identify areas where philanthropy can have the greatest impact.
- Those who have a fund with PCF may choose to make a donation through that fund. Contact us for more information: 530-885-4920.
If you are in need of assistance, contact the American Red Cross or call their help line: 888-812-6231.
Support Local Fire Relief
The Mosquito Fire event is serious and threatening the homes and welfare of residents in Placer County and surrounding areas. If you would like to help, we ask that you consider making a financial contribution.
Support Mosquito Fire Relief Efforts Now
- American Red Cross
- PCF’s Mosquito Fire Relief Fund is actively collecting donations that will provide direct support to those affected and to the recovery efforts. The Foundation works with local public officials to identify areas where philanthropy can have the greatest impact. In past fire events, such as the River Fire in 2021, dollars went to assist with needs such as food, clothing, long-term rental assistance or hotel stays, and much more. If you would prefer to mail a donation, please send a check payable to Placer Community Foundation with “Mosquito Fire Relief Fund” in the memo section. Our mailing address is PO Box 9207, Auburn, CA 95604.
- Those who have a fund with PCF may choose to make a donation to PCF’s Mosquito Fire Relief Fund through their fund here.
- El Dorado Community Foundation has also created a relief fund for the Mosquito Fire. Donate here if you would also like to give to residents in need in El Dorado County.
If you are in need of assistance, contact the American Red Cross or call their helpline: 916-993-7070.
Up-to-date incident information on the Mosquito Fire can be found here.