(Stock fire photo by Joanne Francis/Unsplash)
The board and staff at Placer Community Foundation are saddened and concerned by the Camp Fire in Butte County. It’s too close to home for all of us, and we are keeping in our thoughts evacuees and first responders working to contain the fire and help those in need.
If you would like to help, we ask that you consider making a financial contribution in one of the following ways:
- The North Valley Community Foundation (NVCF) in Chico established the Camp Fire Relief Fund and will provide support for those affected by the Camp Fire and recovery efforts. NVCF is working with local public officials to identify areas where philanthropy can have the greatest impact. Donate>>
- Support can also be given through the Red Cross. Donate>>
- Those who have a Donor Advised Fund with PCF may choose to make a donation through that fund using the grant suggestion form. Contact us for more information: 530-885-4920.
- The Red Cross and AT&T are partnering up: text CAWILDFIRES to 90999 to make a $10 donation.
- The Salvation Army
- United Way of Northern California Relief Fund: To donate text BUTTEFIRE to 91999, or visit https://www.norcalunitedway.org/civicrm/contribute/transact…and select “Camp Fire Relief”.
- North Valley Animal Disaster Group
If you are in need of assistance, contact the American Red Cross or call their help line: 888-812-6231.