Open a Fund
Placer Community Foundation provides a perpetual resource to meet Placer County’s changing and emerging needs. We partner with you and your client to tailor a gift that maximizes their charitable assets, achieves the timing and impact they want to create, and accomplishes their personal financial planning goals.
Opening a fund at Placer Community Foundation is an easy, effective way to invest in the community, and to invest in charitable interests no matter where in the world that takes your client. Here are a few things we can help your client with.
Philanthropic advising – What does your client want to change in our community? Do they have charitable interests outside of the area? We can help them create their giving plan and grow their fund based on their charitable goals.
Types of assets – We can accept simple or complicated assets and they can always add to their fund later. See the types of assets we accept.
Tribute gifts – We can help your client design a special gift that honors a living person, memorializes someone who has passed, or commemorates an anniversary or other important event.
Grantmaking guidance and support – Our professional staff facilitates every aspect of your client’s grantmaking. Once they recommend a grant, we perform the due diligence and organizational assessment to ensure that the organizations they wish to support are viable, eligible nonprofits in good financial standing. And while we love giving local, your clients may grant funds to most any nonprofit in the country or abroad.
Giving options – Placer Community Foundation offers many great giving options, and we can help your client choose the one that’s right for them. They can make a gift of any amount to contribute to an existing fund. They can establish one of the following funds in their name, in the name of a loved one, or the name of a special cause or organization. If they prefer, they can also give anonymously.
Types of Funds
Establishing a charitable fund at PCF is an easy and effective way to carry out your clients’ philanthropy.
We have a variety of different funds that can meet your clients’ charitable giving needs.
- To meet the community’s greatest needs, no matter how they change over time.
- Gives PCF the greatest flexibility to respond to emerging issues and the changing needs.
- If they endow their gift, it becomes a community funding resource now and forever.
Field of Interest
- Target their contribution to one or more fields of interest that they care most about, such as youth development or animal welfare, or within a specific geographic area.
- Can support emerging nonprofits addressing their interests, while the PCF staff ensures these organizations are effective and match the purpose they intend.
- This fund allows donors and their families to actively participate in grantmaking to nonprofits locally—and beyond.
- The most flexible option for general charitable purposes, this fund allows giving to a wide range of organizations.
- This fund is a cost-effective and time-saving alternative to a private foundation.
- They can name one or more specific organizations to benefit from this fund. As a permanently endowed fund, their designation will be honored through the years.
- PCF takes care of investing and issuing ongoing gifts from the fund’s earnings.
- Nonprofit organizations can establish their own designated fund at PCF.
We're Easy to Work With
Would you like to learn more about working with us? Let us answer your questions and assist you with your clients’ charitable interests.
Give Us a Call
We love hearing from you. We’re as close as your telephone or your keyboard, so feel free to contact us directly to learn more about the Foundation as your knowledgeable philanthropic partner.