Financial Advisors Continue Managing Investment of Client’s Charitable Giving Accounts
At Placer Community Foundation we want to be “another arrow in the quiver” of services you offer your clients. We provide many solutions for charitable giving, tax planning, and the relief of administrative burdens.
Client makes a tax deductible contribution to establish a charitable giving account with Placer Community Foundation.
Financial Advisors retain management of their clients’ charitable assets at their institution. Non-managed client assets such as real estate, closely held business interests, personal property and art can be converted into charitable funds that are managed through the program; growing the account for long-term community impact.
Client recommends a grant and PCF performs due diligence to distribute funds to nonprofits locally, regionally, nationally and abroad. Advisors offer philanthropic consulting services to their clients by connecting them to PCF—adding value to their services and client relationships.
Get more details about our Financial Advisor Program. View our complete Financial Advisor Program Toolkit here.
Whether you are assisting your clients with their estate planning, financial accounting, insurance or financial investment needs, our Financial Advisor Program is a value-added resource for clients who might:
- Plan to sell a private company.
- Have a high capital gains tax exposure.
- Want to grow their contributions tax-free over time.
- Have a desire to give something back to their community.
- Be in a “transition” phase of life — empty nest, retirement, involved in estate planning.
- Want a charitable tax deduction now with the flexibility to direct distributions in the future.
- Want to leave a legacy for future generations.
530.885.4920 | email@example.com
Maximize Your Clients’ Giving
Placer Community Foundation is a public charity, so your clients will receive the maximum tax deduction allowed by law, avoid capital gains tax and may be eligible to receive a lifetime income stream. We look at each donation individually and create giving plans that maximize gifts to the community and provide bottom-line benefits to the donor.
For example, your client may consider a Donor Advised Fund. They will receive tax benefits in the contribution year and may choose where to grant funds for years to come.
Specific ways Placer Community Foundation Can Help
- Identify your client’s charitable giving interests and motivations.
- Match personal charitable interests with tax planning needs.
- Create and implement charitable plans that are integrated into major business, personal and financial decisions.
- Assist with complex forms of giving and implement technical giving instruments.
- Provide information on community needs and on the local agencies and programs that make a difference in the areas your clients care about most.
- Deliver grantmaking expertise and a range of administrative services related to charitable giving.