EmploymentPlacer Community Foundation
November 8, 2017: We have one opening at this time.
The Administrative Assistant reports to the Office Manager and provides reception, clerical, and general assistance to the Community Foundation’s staff. Responsibilities include processing accounting and grant paperwork, electronic and paper file maintenance, ensuring the office space is maintained and ready for the public, monitoring office supplies, and preparing for and follow up for Board and Committee meetings.
This person will have the ability to: relate in a warm, effective and helpful manner to individual donors, prospective donors, board members, staff, volunteers, and grant seekers; prioritize effectively; work independently; be a quick learner; be flexible; pay careful attention to detail; function effectively as part of a team; and to understand and personally believe in the importance of philanthropy.
The successful candidate will have:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent telephone and inter-personal communication skills
- Excellent organizational capabilities and attention to detail
- Excellent computer/word processing skills; proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Keen desire for excellence and accuracy
- Must be able to:
- work on multiple projects simultaneously
- work independently
- learn quickly and prioritize effectively
- function effectively as a member of a team
- relate in a warm, effective and helpful manner to individual donors and prospective donors, as well as to Board members, staff and key volunteers
- understand and personally believe in the importance of philanthropy
- professionally represent the Foundation as needed
- 2+ years administrative support experience
- 2+ years working in a customer, donor, or prospect database or similar
- Valid Driver’s license and proof of current automobile insurance
- Demonstration of personal and professional integrity
This is a full-time position. Salary range is $13-15 per hour plus benefits. PCF’s headquarters are located in Auburn, California. Please email cover letter and resume with salary history to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Placer Community Foundation
P.O. Box 9207
Auburn, CA 95604
Our history reaches back nearly 70 years to 1948 when the Auburn Community Foundation was created as a private foundation by the caring, forward-looking Beecher family. In 2005, a few residents from among our county’s communities did something brilliant for all of us; they formed Placer Community Foundation. They imagined something that had not existed here before — a public foundation belonging to everyone, where generous people could go to get expert support and hear creative ideas that would help them to amplify and achieve their charitable intentions.
These visionaries pictured a prudently managed organization overseen by a diverse board of civic leaders, where donations could be invested together to grow, where anyone could become a donor, and where donors became true philanthropists—able over time to grant out even more than they had put in, and able at any moment to call on a team of professionals with an in-depth knowledge of the community’s needs and resources.
Their idea was, and is, Placer Community Foundation. The secure, well-managed public resource they envisioned is now a multi-million dollar consortium with over 100 charitable funds. Grants from these funds are deployed to tackle our region’s most urgent challenges and seize promising opportunities to improve lives throughout Placer County and beyond.
Placer Community Foundation provides an excellent opportunity for someone wishing to be part of collaborative caring team focused on our county’s citizens, needs, and opportunities.
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity.