Apply for a GrantThe following Placer Community Foundation programs are currently open for proposals.
Placer Community Foundation is now accepting applications for its Youth Development Grant Program. Local nonprofit organizations addressing the needs of underserved youth and young adults ages 14-21 in Placer County may apply using the online system Smarter Select by 12 noon on July 8, 2016. Click here to access the form.
The Youth Development Program is funded by Placer Community Foundation’s Giving Circle. Grants ranging up to $5,000 will be awarded to support youth development programs and services provided by a nonprofit organization operating along the western slope of Placer County, from Dutch Flat to Roseville.
Placer Community Foundation will hold two meetings to answer questions about the application process and new online system. Anyone interested in applying is encouraged to attend one of the following information sessions:
Wednesday, June 15, 2016 – Placer Community Foundation, 219 Maple Street, Suite 200, Auburn, 95603
- Session One: 10:00 am – 11:00 am
- Session Two: 2:00 pm – 3:00 pm
Please register to attend by emailing email@example.com or by phone at 530.885.4920.
Scholarship applications have closed for 2016.
Supporting youth ages 14-21
General Application Requirements
Projects must use a youth development approach and clearly demonstrate that:
- Youth are partners with adults in the project.
- Youth are involved and have meaningful input in the development of the project.
- Youth are key in the organization and implementation of activities.
- The group of youth that will participate is identified and committed. This does not mean we need exact names of all participants. It does mean that a group has been involved in the conception and planning and that the grant applicant can demonstrate there is interest from youth to successfully implement the project.
Please contact Eileen Speaker, Grants Manager, at 530.885.4920.